ONTAP Discussions

2-Node deployment stuck at ClusterMgmtIpPingable

fuchsalex

Hello everyone,

I have some problems by deploying  a 2-Node Cluster at the "POST DEPLOY SETUP" task.

All tasks were marked as sucessfull so far and I can also connect to the cluster- and node-shell(s)

Commands like "cluster show", "net int show", "stor disk show" only tell me that everything is up and running. No errors at all.

Regarding to Netapp: If the cluster-deployment is not completely done, the default login will be "admin / changeme123".

As this exact login is working in my situation, I guess that the cluster is still not finally deployed .

Cluster "POST DEPLOY SETUP" keeps stuck at "ClusterMgmtIpPingable" for over two hours now.

From the perspective of VMware, everything looks fine also.

As I can find absolutelly nothing regarding to this kind of behaviour/situation, I hope to get some help from the Netapp community.

Best regards and thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

SpindleNinja

What's the cluster ring look like ? 

set -priv adv 

cluster ring show 

And what's the status of HA?  

fuchsalex

I attatched a screenshot showing the output generated by the commands.

Everything looks fine.

By the way => Nothing changed over night. Still stuck at "ClusterMgmtIpPingable".

SpindleNinja

That looks healthy.   

you can also try "set d; debug vreport show "  it will show an inconsistencies in the system/wafl.  

Have you opened a support case?   It could be something just wonky with the (ONTAP Select?) deploy.  

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public