I have been struggling with establishing a transition SM between a 7-mode system and a cDOT system.
I have configured many others in my environment that have worked successfully and have followed the same procedures on this particular one with no success.
Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Here's the scenario:
Source 7-Mode system: FAS3240, OnTAP 8.2.1 7-mode, 64bit aggregates
- options snapmirror.access allowing IP's of Intercluster LIF's of cDOT system
Destination cDOT system: FAS3250, OnTap 8.2.1 Cluster-mode
- vserver peer transition is created
- Intercluster LIF's exist
- Volume created with type "DP"
- Snapmirror created with type "TDP"
7-Mode /etc/messages after Snapmirror initialize:
[<hostname>:snapmirror.src.sockErr:error]: Cannot accept SnapMirror destination requests: destination connection dropped.
After MANY attempts, I decided to install the 7MTT to see what it would do:
With the 7MTT tool, I am unable to add the 7-mode system. I get "System is unreachable" on the 7MTT side. Nothing in /etc/messages of the 7-mode system.
The "ransition-gui.log" on the 7MTT system reports the following:
- [c.n.t.g.s.TransitionGUIExceptionHandler: ERROR] [transition-server-thread9]: Exception: Failed to communicate with 7-Mode storage system
I have followed the 7MTT workflow troubleshooting from the knowledgebase with no success.
Any suggestions? What am I missing?