The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to reigister at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

ONTAP Discussions

7-mode fpolicy

papad0123

Hello,

Does ONTAP 7-mode fpolicy support reporting to an external server? If so, how would I go about configuring 7-mode to report to an external server?

I used the following commands on ONTAP c-mode to configure an fpolicy server

Create FPolicy engine
vserver fpolicy policy external-engine create -vserver vserver_name -engine-name engine_name -primary-servers ip -port 8080 -ssl-option no-auth

Create FPolicy event

vserver fpolicy policy event create -vserver vserver_name -event-name events_name -protocol cifs -file-operations read,write,create,delete -filters first_read,first_write

Create FPolicy policy
vserver fpolicy policy create -vserver vserver_name -policy-name policy_name -events events_name -engine engine_name

Create FPolicy scope
vserver fpolicy policy scope create -vserver vserver_name -policy-name policy_name -volumes-to-include *

Enable FPolicy
vserver fpolicy enable -vserver vserver_name -policy-name policy_name -sequence-number 1

Will it work the same and how would I translate the above to the 7-mode equivalent commands?

What formats/protocols does the 7-mode fpolicy support?

Thanks for your replies and time.

2 REPLIES 2

Sahana

Hi,

Please refer https://library.netapp.com/ecmdocs/ECMM1277790/html/filesag/GUID-A7DBFCD5-4620-4423-8284-035BE31727C0.html

Refer fpolicy work flowchart and limitations of Fpolicy section

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public