ONTAP Discussions

7MTT Error 01061 job failed - Reason: A technical error has occurred

luiz_silva

Hi guys,

Has anyone experienced the following problem with 7MTT at the Pre-Cutover phase?

https://kb.netapp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1008069/~/7mtt-error-01061-job-failed.-reason%3A-a-technical-error-has-occurred.-contact

The problem is that I couldn't find any invalid character in configuration mentioned in the above KB (the possible reason).

Source:     8.2.5 - 7-Mode 

Destination: Ontap 9.1P19

The only usable log I found is the following:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal group reference: group index is missing
at java.util.regex.Matcher.appendReplacement(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_144]
at java.util.regex.Matcher.replaceFirst(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_144]
at java.lang.String.replaceFirst(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_144]
at com.netapp.transition.operations.AbstractOp.getClusterPathFor7ModePath(AbstractOp.java:350) ~[transition-operations.jar:3.3.1]
at com.netapp.transition.operations.apply.CifsVolumeConfigApplyHandler.applyShareConfig(CifsVolumeConfigApplyHandler.java:203) ~[transition-operations.jar:3.3.1]
at com.netapp.transition.operations.apply.CifsVolumeConfigApplyHandler.execute(CifsVolumeConfigApplyHandler.java:128) ~[transition-operations.jar:3.3.1]
at com.netapp.transition.operations.TransitionApplyOp.applyCifsConfigurations(TransitionApplyOp.java:164) ~[transition-operations.jar:3.3.1]
at com.netapp.transition.operations.TransitionApplyOp.execute(TransitionApplyOp.java:103) ~[transition-operations.jar:3.3.1]
at com.netapp.transition.operations.complete.CTAHelper.apply(CTAHelper.java:102) ~[transition-operations.jar:3.3.1]
at com.netapp.transition.operations.complete.TransitionPrecutoverHandler.doCTA(TransitionPrecutoverHandler.java:343) ~[transition-operations.jar:3.3.1]
at com.netapp.transition.operations.complete.TransitionPrecutoverHandler.execute(TransitionPrecutoverHandler.java:129) ~[transition-operations.jar:3.3.1]
at com.netapp.transition.operations.TransitionPrecutoverOp.performPreCutover(TransitionPrecutoverOp.java:290) ~[transition-operations.jar:3.3.1]
at com.netapp.transition.operations.TransitionPrecutoverOp.execute(TransitionPrecutoverOp.java:160) ~[transition-operations.jar:3.3.1]
at com.netapp.transition.jobmanager.PrecutoverJob.performPreCutover(PrecutoverJob.java:141) ~[transition-job-manager.jar:3.3.1]
at com.netapp.transition.jobmanager.PrecutoverJob.execute(PrecutoverJob.java:97) ~[transition-job-manager.jar:3.3.1]
at com.netapp.transition.jobmanager.AbstractJob.run(AbstractJob.java:203) ~[transition-job-manager.jar:3.3.1]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_144]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_144]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_144]

Any ideas about what is happening here?

Thanks a lot!!!

3 REPLIES 3

Ontapforrum

Hi,

I haven't encountered this error, but looking at the KB you mentioned, it seems these non-ascii characters could be present in one or more files, which could be very laborious to check. I hope you have checked not just in the file names but also in the content inside those files ?

Check if the Data ONTAP 7-Mode system configuration contains extended ASCII characters, like the German umlaut. These characters might be present in usernames, CIFS share definitions, ACLs, usermaps, and domain names.

Look for such characters in:

Password files located at: /etc/passwd or /etc/group

From command line also you can remove them:
CIFS local users and groups configuration in 7-Mode

To remove Non-ASCII characters , use following commands :

filer> useradmin user modify

and/or

filer> useradmin group modify

Remove the extended ASCII characters and resume the transition by running the Apply Configuration command.

https://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/bol?Type=Detail&Display=811898

https://kb.netapp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1006292

Thanks!

luiz_silva

Thanks for you reply,

Unfortunately I couldn't find any illegal character in such files/contents. I ran all commands manually and I even unchecked almost everything for Transition Planing (I left only Shares/Permissions things checked on the right in that 7MTT panel).

The interesting thing is that the error I got has the following text:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal group reference: group index is missing

Would you have any idea of what about this "group index" refers to?

Thanks in advance!

Ontapforrum

I have no idea, but I found some reference on google wrt that particular error.

https://community.bonitasoft.com/questions-and-answers/install-server-bonitabpmcommunity-754-tomcat-7076-fail-mysql:

Error:
at java.util.regex.Matcher.replaceAll(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_144]
at java.lang.String.replaceAll(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_144]

Cause: (As per that article)
I had the $ character as part of the database user's password. 

Taking a hint from it, so it appears that somewhere in 7-mode config files, there is special character which is causing it.

Could you verify your passwords in the 7-mode : filer> rdfile /etc/passwd

Thanks!

Public