ONTAP Discussions

ADP disk layout

kataanand

After disable ADP or remove ADP is it required to install the software.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GidonMarcus

hi, what is the question ?

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

GidonMarcus

hi, what is the question ?

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

View solution in original post

kataanand

We have new FAS 2620A stoage . we need to disable ADP .

NetApp Data ONTAP 9.1P7

what is process process of disable ADP

GidonMarcus

i don't think there's a public procedure for it. likely as there's no good technical reason to do it. if you really need to, it seems that you need to open a case with your partner or NetApp and ask for the following article:

To disable ADP, follow archive 1015257: Services Partners: How to disable disk auto-partitioning.

AlexDawson

Boot menu 9 option unpartition will do it [see FAQ] - and then boot maint and manually assign drives, then option 4 boot and wipeinfo. ADP will only kick in during wipeinfo on unassigned drives, unless the procedure you linked has been set - that will do it permanently (or until set-defaults). 

But like Gideon said - I'm curious why you would want to do it. ADP is provided to allow customers to make best use of data efficiency - and turning it off effectively "wastes" 6 disks across an HA pair. You can include data partitions from ADP drives in aggregates of similar sized non-ADP drives.

kataanand

Thx Alex,

But i have unable to see the option 9 on  ONTAP version 9.1P7.

GidonMarcus

according to the Article Alex provided is available from 9.2 (Beginning with ONTAP 9.2, a new Advanced Drive Partitioning option is available from the Boot Menu that provides additional)

you can upgrade or contact support for the internal article i provided you with...

Gidi 

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public