Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

ONTAP Discussions

SnapCenter 3.0 Installation hangs/stops at "Installing Package MySQL Installer"

IanO

Hi, 

I am trying to install SnapCenter on Windows Sever 2016. Unfortunatelly, the installation hangs abruptly at "Installing Package MySQL Stage" as shown in the images below:

Image 1:

sql.PNG

Image 2:

sql2.PNG

After 4 hours of waiting, I finally decided to cancel the installation and got the log file attached herein.  

Any idea what the issue could be? I have tried to redo the installation a couple of times to no avail. 

2 REPLIES 2

Mohammad

What is the system configuration? Check the memory and CPU. You need 32Gig RAM and 4 CPU minimum. 

tom_dewit

I had kind of the same issue when installing Snapcenter 3.0.1 on Windows 2016, but instead of hanging at the MySQL installation phase, I received the following error: 

Value cannot be null. 

I changed the regional settings to decimal character "." instead of "," for the Snapcenter service user and received the same error. I also had to change the language for non-unicode programs to English (United States). 

After these two steps, I was able to install Snapcenter without further issues.

Grtz,

Tom

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public