ONTAP Discussions

Broken? snapmirrors - how to delete them ?

hardy_maxa

Hi all

On my filer, I was doing some backup testing, and now have these snapmirrors showing, which I can't delete

aushafs2b> snapmirror status

Snapmirror is off.

Source                 Destination                  State          Lag        Status

aushafs1b:admin        aushafs2b:admin              Snapmirrored   02:35:19   Idle

aushafs1b:catiax       aushafs2b:catiax             Snapmirrored   10:35:19   Idle

aushafs1b:pdm          aushafs2b:pdm                Snapmirrored   10:05:18   Idle

aushafs1b:zen          aushafs2b:zen                Snapmirrored   09:55:20   Idle

aushafs2b:admin        aushafs2b:NDMP_LOCAL_005614  Source         -          Idle

aushafs2b:images       aushafs2b:NDMP_LOCAL_005617  Source         -          Idle

aushafs2b:domino2_vol  aushafs2b:nrst1a             Source         -          Idle

The first 4 entries are fine - they are my mirrors between systems.

But I want to cleanup the last three.

As far as I can tell, there are no backup or smtape sessions still active.

Thanks,

Hardy

23 REPLIES 23

aborzenkov

Use "snapmirror release" to remove old SnapMirror snapshots. You may also need to remove them from snapmirror.conf.

hardy_maxa

Thanks - This worked on the smtape snapmirror entries, but the not those still displayed in the output (above)

Any other ideas ?

aborzenkov

Check if you have leftover snapmirror snapshots on destination - manually remove them (they should be unlocked after snapmirror break). Those snapshots are not removed automatically.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public