We realized that we are not able to connect to one of the the 2 Controllers with a Windows Client on a FAS2240-2 / NetApp Release 8.2.5P3 7-Mode . Checking the connection via port 445 showed that 445 on controller one is not open, even if the CIFS configuration was performed with success.
Is there a way to check open Ports and also a way to open them if needed ?
Solved! See The Solution
Try upgrading to 8.2.5p5 first
Be sure to read an the bugs fixed in p5
Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to copy the file to the NetApp, Share on C$, SFTP and http didn't work for me...
For the second Controller I am ready, but I would like to wait with the update until both are ready.
Is there another way to get the OnTap file to the place it should be for the update ?
options cifs has this output: (can't find the two options you mentioned)
cifs.smb2_1.branch_cache.hash_time_out 3600 (value might be overwritten in takeover)
Upgrade successful, but I am still not able to connect to Controller 1, Controller 2 has a connection, but now I have this error:
[storename:krb.kt.princ.notfound.cred:warning]: Kerberos: Did not find principal HOST/storename@DOMAIN in keytab. This is a CIFS problem.
I am not able to open the C$ share with any combination of credentials.
The mentioned solution here also didn't work --> https://matthewfugel.wordpress.com/2016/02/09/fixing-a-broken-cifsnetbios-alias/
It can be a wrong SPN, duplicate machine account name, or the machine account has been deleted.
You can always delete the old machine account manually from your AD before reconfiguring CIFS.
>cifs terminate >cifs setup
I am now back to where I was before the update, controller 1 does not work, access to controller 2 now works again after setting the following options:
However, it only works via IP, and not with the hostname for controller 2.
I suspect if you have gone this far:
Done the following:
1. Set options dns.update.enable secure on both controllers
2. Stopped cifs
3. Removed DNS entries (AAA record and reverse)
4. Removed Computer object from AD
5. Done cifs setup again
6. Recreated both DNS entries
7. Computer object there
Still the same 😞
I tried also to connect to 445 with telnet, only possible to controller 2
OMG, you are my hero! Thank you so much.
Checking the DNS settings and this setting to automatically set the DNS entries was the trick I needed.
I learned now that my manual entries pointed to the wrong IP's (e0M) and the automatic creation used e0a.
(for whatever reason the one wrong IP had worked)
Thanks again to all of you for the perfect support for a newbie like me 🙄