ONTAP Discussions

Change home port of a cluster management LIF permanently?

ACHOU_SIMG

Hi,

ONTAP 9.1RC1

FAS8040HA

I have a LIF for NDMP backups but it's on 1Gbps link which gets saturated frequently. The LIF has cluster management role and I am able to move it to one of the 10GbE ports. However, I can't seem to make the 10GbE port as the LIF's new home port. Is it possible to re-home a LIF with the cluster management role?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mdiep

Net int modify  -vserver vserver -lif <lifname> -home-node <node> -home-port <port>

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mdiep

Net int modify  -vserver vserver -lif <lifname> -home-node <node> -home-port <port>

View solution in original post

Sahana

Hi,

Refer the commands below:

Check current settings

::> network interface show -lif cluster_mgmt
Logical                                      Status           Network           Current                   Current Is
Vserver          Interface           Admin/Oper Address/Mask Node                      Port       Home
----------------- ------------------- ----------------- ------------------ ------------------------ ----------- ----
cm3270-ams cluster_mgmt up/up             10.64.24.65/24 cm3270-ams-01 e0M        true

Change the home port or node using net int modify as below:

For home port options are listed using tab

cm3270-ams::> network int modify -vserver cm3270-ams -lif cluster_mgmt -home-node cm3270-ams-01 -home-port 
e0M e0a e0b e1b e2b

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public