Community maintenance is complete. Thank you for your patience!

ONTAP Discussions

SVM Root Volume Protection Not Updating on Two New Nodes

TMADOCTHOMAS

We just added two nodes to our NetApp cluster, making it a four node cluster. I am trying to expand the SVM root volume protection that I set up previously, following the steps in the SVM Root Volume Protection Express Guide.

The problem is: I created the new volumes on nodes 3 and 4 and re-ran the initialize-ls-set command, but it is ignoring the two new nodes. I tried the update-ls-set command to see if that would work, but I'm getting the same results. Does anyone have suggestions?

Specifics (for one of the SVMs):

volume create -vserver <vserver_name> -volume <vserver_name>_root_ls03 -aggregate <node_3_aggregate> -size 1gb -state online -type DP

volume create -vserver <vserver_name> -volume <vserver_name>_root_ls04 -aggregate <node_4_aggregate> -size 1gb -state online -type DP

snapmirror create -source-path <cluster_name>://<vserver_name>/<vserver_name>_root -destination-path <cluster_name>://<vserver_name>/<vserver_name>_root_ls03 -type LS -schedule 1min

snapmirror create -source-path cithqnacl01p://<vserver_name>/<vserver_name>_root -destination-path <cluster_name>://<vserver_name>/<vserver_name>_root_ls04 -type LS -schedule 1min

snapmirror initialize-ls-set -source-path <cluster_name>://<vserver_name>/<vserver_name>_root

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sahana

Hi,

Do not use the snapmirror initialize-ls-set command. The snapmirror initialize-ls-set command is for initializing volumes for an entire set of load-sharing mirrors, not for initializing an individual volume. Use snapmirror initialize -type ls. Refer https://library.netapp.com/ecmdocs/ECMP1368017/html/GUID-FB6C2A65-7744-4AB8-A361-688D11CFDD08.html

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TMADOCTHOMAS

One more detail: here is the snapmirror status.

Source           Destination Mirror Relationship   Total             Last

Path       Type Path       State   Status         Progress Healthy Updated

----------- ---- ------------ ------- -------------- --------- ------- --------

<cluster_name>://<svm_name>/<svm_name>_root

LS   <cluster_name>://<svm_name>/<svm_name>_root_ls01

Snapmirrored

Idle           -         true   -

<cluster_name>://<svm_name>/<svm_name>_root_ls02

Snapmirrored

Idle           -         true   -

<cluster_name>://<svm_name>/<svm_name>_root_ls03

Uninitialized

Idle           -         -       -

<cluster_name>://<svm_name>/<svm_name>_root_ls04

Uninitialized

Idle           -         -       -

Sahana

Hi,

Do not use the snapmirror initialize-ls-set command. The snapmirror initialize-ls-set command is for initializing volumes for an entire set of load-sharing mirrors, not for initializing an individual volume. Use snapmirror initialize -type ls. Refer https://library.netapp.com/ecmdocs/ECMP1368017/html/GUID-FB6C2A65-7744-4AB8-A361-688D11CFDD08.html

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

TMADOCTHOMAS

Thank you very much! That worked like a charm.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public