Backup failed in commvault with error code 39:467 with the below error
backup faliure in the error
NDMP server[XYZ] reported the following error: [Data: operation terminated: event : internal error (for "path name")]
Operation terminated event : internal error: dumo could not createe backup snapshotDump failed to initializeDMUP is abortedsnapshot deleted after creation
Checked with commvault vendor, they says need to check with netapp team why snapshot not created for this backup.
All other backup are running fine.
See The Solution
The Commvault error you provided is very vague and doesn't provide enough information to isolate the issue. Here are some items to check on the NetApp side:
- Is the volume online and mounted in ONTAP?
- Is the LIF for the NDMP session between NetApp and Commvault server operational?
- Are other NDMP jobs working?
- If you can manually create a test snapshot on the volume then the issue is not with the volume or the snapshot creation function
You can perform a simple connection test to the NetApp LIF used for NDMP using telnet and should see a "Connection Successful" message:
telnet [IP_of_LIF_used_for_NDMP] 10000
Opening a case with NetApp Support would resolve the issue quicker.
View solution in original post
- Is the volume online and mounted in ONTAP? How to cehck this step
- Is the LIF for the NDMP session between NetApp and Commvault server operational? Yes,
- Are other NDMP jobs working? other jobs are running fine, Only for this path backup gets failed
- If you can manually create a test snapshot on the volume then the issue is not with the volume or the snapshot creation function - Kindly share the detailed step
Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!
Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to conﬁguration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.