ONTAP Discussions

Copy files from volume to qtree in other volume on same filer

thomas382

Hello;

I need to copy files from one volume to a qtree in other volume on same filer(AFF200 cDot 9.3) and same aggregate.

It is an cifs share containingand 13 000 000 files, eventually with to long filemanes.

Is there a possibility in cDot? Eventually with ndmpcopy?

Thanks and Greetings,

Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SeanHatfield

Something like:

node run local ndmpcopy -sa vsadmin:<NDMP Password> <SVM-IP>:/<SVM>/srcvol <SVM-IP>:/<SVM>/dstvol/qtree
If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

naveens17

check netapp XCP tool for CIFS  or a host based tool like peersync or robocopy

SeanHatfield

Something like:

node run local ndmpcopy -sa vsadmin:<NDMP Password> <SVM-IP>:/<SVM>/srcvol <SVM-IP>:/<SVM>/dstvol/qtree
If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

Damien_Queen

I think in your case is the best solution for you proposed @SeanHatfield.

Your files will be copied by ONTAP internally without going outside. 

NDMP copy uses snapshot technology to perform copying, which might be either advantage or disadvantage in your particular case.

So if you will need the most recent version of the data, after ndmp copy, you might be interested in doing XCP to get the latest updates to your files, in this way only changed data will be transferred which will save you tons of time compare if you will do it only with XCP in the first place.

thomas382

Thanks for the replys, i try tomorrow

Greetings Thomas

Public