ONTAP Discussions

Creating Snap Drive snapshot in source environment and adding to DR server from destination

greeneyedmonster1

We have a server in our production enviroment. Using Snap Drive I have created a snapshot of one of the drives on this server. which is present on the source filer.

As the snapshot didnt seem to replicate to the destination filer using snapmirror I manually updated the sync betwen source and destination to push the snap shot to the destination filer.

I could see the snapshot was present in destination, so using Snap Drive on a DR server i tried to mount the LUN of the snapshot.

Unfortunatle I get the following error:

does anyone know what Im doing wrong?

cheers Mike

-------------------------  SnapDrive Operation Start ---------------------------------
Disk connect operation on server - GGH-P-HESSQL-X3 failed for reason
ZAPI: An attempt to set (convert_ucode) option to (on) on the volume (M_PL961_FC_LSQL070) of the storage system (gl-l-nas-963) failed. Error description: Volume 'M_PL961_FC_LSQL070' is a snapmirrored volume
--------------------- The complete operation list is shown as follows -------------------

********************* Server Name: GGH-P-HESSQL-X3*********************

1. Checking input parameters
2. Checking access control
3. ZAPI: An attempt to set (convert_ucode) option to (on) on the volume (M_PL961_FC_LSQL070) of the storage system (gl-l-nas-963) failed. Error description: Volume 'M_PL961_FC_LSQL070' is a snapmirrored volume 
------------------------------------------ Operation Done ---------------------------------------

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public