Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

ONTAP Discussions

Disabling All Password Policies Temporarily

TMADOCTHOMAS

Is there a way in cdot to disable all password policies temporarily? I know there was a way in 7-mode because I did it a few times, but can't find the equivalent in cdot. Use case is simple: I have a local account set up on all of our clusters that already has a secure password. On ONE of those clusters I need to 'change' the password to upgrade from MD5 to SHA512, but I don't want to actually change it. Problem is the "disallowed-reuse" setting under security login role config modify has a MINIMUM of 6, so the only way around it is to disable all policies, make the change, then re-enable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mjizzini

I dont think that we can disable the password policies. Maybe deleting it then recreating it again.

Enforcing SHA-2 on administrator account passwords

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mjizzini

I dont think that we can disable the password policies. Maybe deleting it then recreating it again.

Enforcing SHA-2 on administrator account passwords

View solution in original post

TMADOCTHOMAS

Okay thanks @Mjizzini !

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public