ONTAP Discussions

Error when trying to create a LUN in SnapManager

jefelpel

When I try to create a LUN in a new Volume in snapmanager, I get the following error.

-------------------------  SnapDrive Operation Start ---------------------------------
Disk Create operation on server - INT-HW-VH-02 failed for reason
The node(INT-HW-VH-02) is not the owner of the cluster group (Available Storage).If it is a cluster system this situation occurs while creating Cluster Shared Volumes from non owner node.Please try this operation from Node which owns (Available Storage) Cluster group.
--------------------- The complete operation list is shown as follows -------------------

********************* Server Name: INT-HW-VH-02*********************

1. Checking input parameters
2. Checking access control
3. The node(INT-HW-VH-02) is not the owner of the cluster group (Available Storage).If it is a cluster system this situation occurs while creating Cluster Shared Volumes from non owner node.Please try this operation from Node which owns (Available Storage) Cluster group.   ...
-------------------------  SnapDrive Operation Start ---------------------------------
Disk Create operation on server - INT-HW-VH-02 failed for reason
The node(INT-HW-VH-02) is not the owner of the cluster group (Available Storage).If it is a cluster system this situation occurs while creating Cluster Shared Volumes from non owner node.Please try this operation from Node which owns (Available Storage) Cluster group.
--------------------- The complete operation list is shown as follows -------------------

********************* Server Name: INT-HW-VH-01*********************

------------------------------------------ Operation Done ---------------------------------------

I am on a MS server 2012 host.

snapdrive version 6.5

When attempting to add this LUN, in snapdrive, I have added both servers in the cluster as well as the cluster. When adding the LUN, I have the cluster selected and am trying to add directly to the cluster rather than to either of the nodes directly.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Please let me know if there is any information that I have missed that would be helpful.

-JF

0 REPLIES 0
Public