ONTAP Discussions

FAS2240 Storage Efficiency Not enough disk space for the operation

MatthewS

Deduplication is not running on my volume and gives an error "Not enough disk space for the operation". The volume is 7.4TB with 1.8TB of available space. I have a single lun with thin provisioning that is set to 8TB with 146.74GB free. My deduplication savings is 2.93TB. Why is my storage efficiency/deduplication not working now? I was told before that I only needed to make sure I had around 10% free space on the volume which I have around 24%.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

deepuj

There is a bug mentioned in the KB Article https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=7010056

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

deepuj

Hi,

Which version of ONTAP are you using?

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

MatthewS
NetApp Release 8.1.2 7-Mode

deepuj

There is a bug mentioned in the KB Article https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=7010056

MatthewS

I am having an issue running the cleanup.

netapp2> sis start -s /vol/plm_vol2
The file system will be scanned to process existing data in /vol/plm_vol2.
This operation may initialize related existing metafiles.
Are you sure you want to proceed (y/n)? y
The SIS operation for "/vol/plm_vol2" is started.
netapp2> Wed Dec 17 10:06:21 EST [netapp2:sis.chkpoint.restore.failed:error]: SIS operation on the volume '/vol/plm_vol2' failed to restore from a previous checkpoint. Starting SIS operation from the beginning.
Wed Dec 17 10:06:21 EST [netapp2:sis.op.aborted:error]: SIS operation for /vol/plm_vol2 has aborted: Not enough disk space for the operation

MatthewS

It looks like my aggregate is full. How can I fix this? I worked with a netapp engineer to set this up so I would not have to constantly monitor this but it looks like it must not of been configured correctly or a software bug got me.

deepuj

I think it will be better to open a case with the support center to look in to this issue in detail.

MatthewS

I opened a case and then came into work and it went from 0GB free to 900GB. I am now able to run the sis start -s /vol/plm_vol2

Thanks for you help.

Public