Why the hell this noisy pile of boxes looses FC LUNs when in takeover mode????
1) FAS2040 8.1.4P9 7-Mode dual controller (named FAS2040HIGH and FAS2040LOW)
2) DS14MK4 shelf with 2 controllers
3) ESX 5.5 host with dual HBA
4) SAN fabric DS-5000B
5) 3 FC luns located on shelf. Owner of those luns is FAS2040HIGH controller.
1) Each FAS controller 0a is connected directly to one MK4 IN port.
2) Each FAS controller 0b is connected to SAN fabric.
3) Host has dual HBA both ports to same SAN switch. All 4 ports in one zone.
When both controllers on FAS are running i see that both cards see both paths.
When i do cf takeover on FAS2040LOW controller (lets imagine FAS2040HIGH has died) ESXi loose all paths to luns
When i just unplug FAS2040HIGH FC connector to SAN switch everything is fine. 1/2 of paths is lost (what is actually expected).
ALUA is ON on igroup.
ESXi has RR PSP for those luns and both paths to each lun are active during normal operation. (actually when using SAN instead of direct FAS attach to HOST i get 4 paths to each lun, which is normal again)
I have igroups on both FAS controllers containing WWPNs of both HBA ports.
Output of igroup show -v
FAS2040HIGH*> igroup show -v
OS Type: vmware
Host Multipathing Software: Required
Member: 21:01:00:1b:32:b0:2b:07 (logged in on: 0b, vtic)
Member: 21:00:00:1b:32:90:2b:07 (logged in on: 0b, vtic)
Report SCSI Name in Inquiry Descriptor: Yes
FAS2040LOW*> igroup show -v initiator_group_FAS2040LOW (FCP): OS Type: vmware Member: 21:00:00:1b:32:90:2b:07 (logged in on: 0b) Member: 21:01:00:1b:32:b0:2b:07 (logged in on: 0b) Member: 21:fd:00:05:1e:90:7e:02 (not logged in) UUID: 391940b8-71e7-11e5-bbb5-123478563412 Pset: myportset2 ALUA: Yes Report SCSI Name in Inquiry Descriptor: Yes