The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to reigister at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

ONTAP Discussions

Failed Disk Registry information ?

Beardmann

Hi there

I often use the Failed Disk Registry when replacing disks on a NetApp system, and I simple unpack the .7z file which is emailed via the autosupport feature.

If you unpack the attached file, you will find a file called "FAILED-DISK-REGISTRY.txt" which contains all the failed disks in the controllers lifetime.

I think that in the earlier 6.x versions this information was avaliable from the commandline, either via a command, or by reading a file with rdfile in /vol0/etc/...

But I have been looking for both a command and a file in /etc/ and cannot find it...  does anyone know if it is possible to get this information on 7-mode/cDot systems ?

Kind regards,

Heino

3 REPLIES 3

aborzenkov

FDR information is available using diag level commands. As usual, you are advised to contact support if you want to use them.

Hi Please,

Provide command to check FDR in diag mode.

found the command - you have to do it in set diag priveledge mode -  system node run -node * -command raid_config info showfdr

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public