ONTAP Discussions

Help with AFF a700 Ontap Configuration

Shauly

Hi,

I've got a price quote for 90TB NVME SSD AFF 700. The quote includes  two very expensive ONTAP items:

1. 912 * SW,Per-0.1TB,Base Flash,02,-C.

2. 912 * ONTAP,Per-0.1TB,FlashBundle,Add-On,0P,QS

Are both items necessary? combined they are almost half of the configuration price.

Will appreciate some more info regarding the ONTAP licensing configuration/selection.

Best

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AlexDawson

Hi there!

Thanks for your interest in NetApp systems.

Those line items represent the software licensing component of the solution proposed, and while the first is not optional, the second can be replaced with other options, which provide more limited functionality at a trade off of a small price difference.

I encourage you to look at the price overall, and not line item level - and work with your reseller to help them understand your budget and ask if some of the flash bundle alternatives are viable for your workload.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AlexDawson

Hi there!

Thanks for your interest in NetApp systems.

Those line items represent the software licensing component of the solution proposed, and while the first is not optional, the second can be replaced with other options, which provide more limited functionality at a trade off of a small price difference.

I encourage you to look at the price overall, and not line item level - and work with your reseller to help them understand your budget and ask if some of the flash bundle alternatives are viable for your workload.

Hope this helps!

Shauly

Thank you so much for your help.

I find it hard to understand the price quote when there is no public information regarding system configuration and the licensing rules and alternatives.

AlexDawson

Understood.

As these are "business to business" (B2B) transactions, there's a lot more room for negotiation, and I encourage you to work with your rep to help them understand your budget and concerns in order to help shape the correct solution.

Thanks!

Public