ONTAP Discussions

How to Check Efficiency and Snapshot Status in OnTAP 9.8

TMADOCTHOMAS
Unfortunately I had to upgrade to the dreaded 9.8 this past week. Thankfully I am only on it for a couple of weeks before upgrading to 9.9.1, but in the meantime I need to do some ... basic things that are now not straightforward. Specifically, I needed to browse through a group of volumes one by one in System Manager to check the most recent efficiency job status / sizing results and verify that there weren't any older snapshots. Previously I would have just expanded them and clicked "More Details" on each one ... but 9.8 doesn't have a "More Details" button 😕 .... how would I do this in System Manager in 9.8?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

paul_stejskal

sis status (yes I know it's 7-mode syntax, but it works!)

snapshot show -volume <volume>

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ontapforrum

Looks like some known issues in system manager 9.8, this thread had a similar query.

I also noticed bug related to system manager in 9.8 for other stuff.

TMADOCTHOMAS

Thanks @Ontapforrum ! I should have clarified the snapshot issue is just being able to view the snapshots associated with a  volume. I know I can do that from the command line, I was just curious if there was a buried way to do it in the GUI. Thanks for the tip / reminder on the command line for efficiency data!

paul_stejskal

sis status (yes I know it's 7-mode syntax, but it works!)

snapshot show -volume <volume>

TMADOCTHOMAS

Thanks @paul_stejskal !

Public