ONTAP Discussions

How to add multiple server entries (Multiple IPs) to an already existing NFS share

koushi

Hi All,

Can anyone please let me know as i need to add 100s of different server names (different IPs)  to one of the existing unix share in Cdot.

I've tried by using export-policy rule create command but adding 100s of servers using the same command manaully is really tiresome.

Can anyone guide me is there any command for this to get rid of repetetive task.

Data Ontap Version : -- Netapp Cdot (8.x)

NetApp Release 8.2.3P5D1 Cluster-Mode

Thanks

Koushik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JGPSHNTAP

^^

You can use powershell,

But like I said, if you are focusing on that many, you should focus on Netgroups.

Also, you should considering upgrading your cluster to 8.3.1, especially, since it appears you are running a D1 release

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JGPSHNTAP

If you are talking 100's, you should look to create a netgroup for it.

koushi
Thanks for your prompt response JGPSHNTAP, Can you please let me know as day in day out i need to work out on export entries of the share. Suppose, I need to add 20 entries which needs to be done only by export-policy rule create... is there any special command to use to get it done rather than netgroup ?

JGPSHNTAP

^^

You can use powershell,

But like I said, if you are focusing on that many, you should focus on Netgroups.

Also, you should considering upgrading your cluster to 8.3.1, especially, since it appears you are running a D1 release

parisi

Agreed on netgroups. The use case of 100s of clients on an export is ideal for netgroups. That way, you only have to apply a single netgroup for a centrally managed set of hosts.

Therefore, automation wouldn't even be needed.

LDAP, NIS and local files can be used for netgroups.

See TR-4379 for best practices, as well as the product documentaion if you want to use local netgroups.

Public