ONTAP Discussions

I have a request to add more then 500 AIX servers in export list for one of NFS share

Amitpandey

I have a request to add more then 500 AIX servers in export list for one of NFS share but It is time taking if I do it manually and add them by copy paste (  it can be done easily if we need to add few servers ) 

Please help me with any automatic/Fast procedure to complete this request.

4 REPLIES 4

SpindleNinja

Amitpandey

it has the same command which is vserver export-policy rule add-clientmatches -policyname XXXX -ruleindex X -clientmatches XXXX

I have more then 500 hosts to add in export list and If I use this above mentioned command for adding 500 ++ servers then I have fear that it will not work hence want to know if any easiest way to do it, I googled and got to know about netgroup to do it but did not find any proper procedure to do it.

parisi

Netgroup is your best bet here and is external to ONTAP - you'd need a NIS or LDAP server. For the ONTAP side, you'd specify @netgroup name as the entry in the policy rule.

TR-4835 has a section on netgroups in AD starting on page 63:

https://www.netapp.com/pdf.html?item=/media/19423-tr-4835.pdf

If you want the "easiest" way, you could use 0/0 for "every host." The range method will work fine. Or you could do a subnet. (such as 10.10.10.0/24) 

But there's no "easy" way to add 500 hosts to a rule other than the above.

Public