ONTAP Discussions

Metrocluster single user interface

iant42

Hello

To this day I still do not understand why there isn't a single user interface for metrocluster topologies. I'm not a fan of the new ontap user interface which I detailed in a separate message, but surely a single pane user interface is urgently required if the product plans to remain in the catalogue. 

Even Ontap 9.7 had a better metrocluster section, basic I admit, but better than the new GUI.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RossC

Hi @iant42 

Thanks for sharing your feedback - our product team do monitor these forums. 

We have launched our BlueXP control plane (https://bluexp.netapp.com) which is intended to help customers manage all things NetApp whether that is on-premise or in the cloud. Whilst there isn't specific Metrocluster capability baked into BlueXP, our goal is to simplify the user interface and experience, so I would generally say you can watch this space for more to come as we continue to build more capability into BlueXP.

You can already manage ONTAP based clusters from BlueXP, and being an MCC configuration doesn't stop that to my knowledge.

Regarding your feedback on the System Manager GUI after 9.7, there's been a few posts on this forum about it already and we are very aware that the direction we took in later releases was not ideal and have since made improvements. Those improvements will continue to be made into the upcoming releases of ONTAP so keep an eye on the release notes.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

RossC

Hi @iant42 

Thanks for sharing your feedback - our product team do monitor these forums. 

We have launched our BlueXP control plane (https://bluexp.netapp.com) which is intended to help customers manage all things NetApp whether that is on-premise or in the cloud. Whilst there isn't specific Metrocluster capability baked into BlueXP, our goal is to simplify the user interface and experience, so I would generally say you can watch this space for more to come as we continue to build more capability into BlueXP.

You can already manage ONTAP based clusters from BlueXP, and being an MCC configuration doesn't stop that to my knowledge.

Regarding your feedback on the System Manager GUI after 9.7, there's been a few posts on this forum about it already and we are very aware that the direction we took in later releases was not ideal and have since made improvements. Those improvements will continue to be made into the upcoming releases of ONTAP so keep an eye on the release notes.  

Public