The community is undergoing maintenance and is in Read-Only mode. Click to learn more.

ONTAP Discussions

NETAPP Select Host Configure Fails with Generic Error

StorageNob

Hello,

I'm getting a very non-specific error when configuring a host in the Deploy Utility.

HostInfoErr: Error in retrieving information for host "10.xx.xx.xx". Reason: No details.

If I add the host with the esx host credentials e.g. esx root and password, then I can configure the host no problem. The problem with that however, is when I attmept to deploy the single node cluster I get an error about not adding the host with vcenter credentials.

Here is the CLI input I'm using:

host configure --host-id 10.xx.xx.xx --location datacenter --storage-pool poolname --capacity-limit 1500 --eval --management-network mgmtVMNetwork --data-network mgmtVMNetwork --instance-type small

Anyone have any idea what's holding me up here? I've used the local administrator@vsphere.local credentials for vcenter and yet there is some generic erorr in configuring the host.

Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public