ONTAP Discussions

NFS Export Permission problem for Linux on cDOT 8.3.1

robst

Hi, I've just created our first SVM for NFS and we are  having problems mounting voumes on Linux hosts:

1.  I created an export policy with rules to allow four servers to mount the volume 

cluster1::vserver export-policy rule> show -vserver praXXXXXX
             Policy          Rule    Access   Client                RO
Vserver      Name            Index   Protocol Match                 Rule
------------ --------------- ------  -------- --------------------- ---------
praXXXXXX    default         1       nfs      10.100.11.78          any       <==  
praXXXXXX    default         2       nfs      10.100.11.77          any       <==

praXXXXXX    sfgpreprod      1       nfs      10.102.11.42          any
praXXXXXX    sfgpreprod      2       nfs      10.102.11.41          any
praXXXXXX    sfgpreprod      3       nfs      10.100.11.78          any
praXXXXXX    sfgpreprod      4       nfs      10.100.11.77          any

2. Linux could still not mount the share untile I added IP's 10.100.11.77/78 into the SVM default policy - they now mount on these 2 hosts.

3. I still cannot mount them on 41/42

4. I will be creating other volumes for access by other hosts so do not wants all hosts having access to all volumes so do not want to add all IPs into

the default policy.

Any help would be appreciated. thanks Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SeanHatfield

The hosts must have at least read access to the SVM root volume.  This likely is associated with the export policy named default, though you could make and apply a custom policy to the SVM root volume.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

SeanHatfield

The hosts must have at least read access to the SVM root volume.  This likely is associated with the export policy named default, though you could make and apply a custom policy to the SVM root volume.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

robst

Sean, thanks.

Public