ONTAP Discussions

Nfs vmware Clustered Ontap Switchless

ousturali

Hi to everyone ,

I got used to 7-mode mostly and really  starting out with clustered Ontap .My question is , i knew that we can install 1 node clustered ontap ,and 2 node swithcless clustered ontap .

But is it possible to install a 2 node switchless cluster with direct attached ESX servers wit using NFS protocol ? And also if it is possible ,then is it supported by netapp ?

Thanks a lot.

4 REPLIES 4

JGPSHNTAP

Let me make sure I understand what you are asking.

Are you asking if you have a 2-node switchless cluster, can you export volumes over NFS to Vmware?  If that's the question, I don't see why not

ousturali

i tried to mean that,  we can install switchless clustered Ontap with the 8.2 version ,

And also   2  ESX servers  with dual 10g ethernet cards ,without the use of a 10g switch , directly attached to the netapp controllers ,

ıs it possible to use nfs mounted volumes from netapp to esx servers ? ,and if it is then is it supported by netapp.

And  one more to ask ,if we failover one of  the netapp controller  , can we access from esx servers to the failing controllers volume with the help of the surviving controller ? .

JGPSHNTAP

Why would you do that? 

Please refer to the latest best practices guide for Vmware NFS on cDOT

http://www.netapp.com/us/media/tr-4068.pdf

ousturali

there has been a project sold with that kind of a configuration ,

So that is why i am trying to figure out a solution

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

Public