ONTAP Discussions

No Network Protocols enabled on Ontap Select 9.9.1 eval single node cluster

MigEngineer

I'm trying to experiment with NetWorker & OnTap backup NDMP interoperability to/from tape, and to this end I downloaded the OnTape Select eval software from here:

https://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/download/special/ontapselect_eval/

using the "OVF template installation to VMware ESXi without Deploy" option.

As far as I can determine, the deployment in my ESXi 7.0 lab had no issues, but in the dashboard, there's a "Network" box and the following text:

No protocols are licensed. To begin serving data to clients, add the required protocol licenses, and enable the required protocols.
Protocol access licenses have not been added.

If I click "View licenses" I get taken to a page with a long list of features, but only "Base License" and "Ontap Select License" are listed as "Compliant", and the rest (including "SMB/CIFS license") are all listed as "Unlicensed".

I'd assumed from what I'd read on the download page that all necessary 90-day eval licenses would be installed automagically, but apparently not, and I can't find any obvious way of getting hold of them; does anybody have any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

paul_stejskal

I believe you should have gotten them with the Support site/download. If not, you'll have to reach out to your account team to obtain them.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

paul_stejskal

I believe you should have gotten them with the Support site/download. If not, you'll have to reach out to your account team to obtain them.

Public