Community maintenance is complete. Thank you for your patience!

ONTAP Discussions

No Network Protocols enabled on Ontap Select 9.9.1 eval single node cluster

MigEngineer

I'm trying to experiment with NetWorker & OnTap backup NDMP interoperability to/from tape, and to this end I downloaded the OnTape Select eval software from here:

https://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/download/special/ontapselect_eval/

using the "OVF template installation to VMware ESXi without Deploy" option.

As far as I can determine, the deployment in my ESXi 7.0 lab had no issues, but in the dashboard, there's a "Network" box and the following text:

No protocols are licensed. To begin serving data to clients, add the required protocol licenses, and enable the required protocols.
Protocol access licenses have not been added.

If I click "View licenses" I get taken to a page with a long list of features, but only "Base License" and "Ontap Select License" are listed as "Compliant", and the rest (including "SMB/CIFS license") are all listed as "Unlicensed".

I'd assumed from what I'd read on the download page that all necessary 90-day eval licenses would be installed automagically, but apparently not, and I can't find any obvious way of getting hold of them; does anybody have any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

paul_stejskal

I believe you should have gotten them with the Support site/download. If not, you'll have to reach out to your account team to obtain them.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

paul_stejskal

I believe you should have gotten them with the Support site/download. If not, you'll have to reach out to your account team to obtain them.

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public