Community maintenance is complete. Thank you for your patience!

ONTAP Discussions

Not able to access a qtree in Linux box even MIXED mode authentication enabled

FIZEENETAPP

Hello all,

I have setup a simluator where i have shared a share to an Active directory user.The share is a qtree.I am able to access the share by the user i have specified on my windows XP box.But if i try to access that qtree in my Linux machine by mounting the volume i get permission denied error.I logged in as root in my Linux machine.The qtree which is inaccessible in Linux has been set 'MIXED' mode .

If i change it to UNIX mode i am able to access it in Linux machine.I believe if it is MIXED it should be allowed for both NTFS and UNIX mode.

My Share permission are as follows.

netapp> qtree

Volume     Tree          Style             Oplocks      Status

vol2           qtree2       mixed           enabled       normal

And my permissions to my share are as follows.

netapp> cifs shares

Name      Mount Point     Description

qtree2     /vol/vol2/qtree2

AD\smith  / Full Control

Also i have another question on quotas.I have set up an active directory user and i want to impose quota restriction for that user on a qtree or volume basis.For now i went with setting up quota restriction for qtree1

S-1-5-21-27778-2222-23444                           user@/vol/vol1/qtree1                            1024k      -      512k     -       -   

netapp> cifs shares

Name      Mount Point     Description

qtree2     /vol/vol1/qtree1

AD\geff  / Full Control

I want this user to be limited to 1MB size for the qtree (qtree1 ).

I have checked the quota status for the volume vol1 also i issued 'quota resize /vol/vol1/ '  whenever i make changes to the quotos file.

Small update .I can see that user \Admins usage is getting increased when i login as AD\geff user and create documents.AD\geff usage remains 0.Just wondering why its not taking geff into account.

Here it is

netapp> quota report -t

K-Bytes                      Files

Type       ID    Volume    Tree       Used      Limit     T-hold   Used    Limit   Quota Specifier

----- -------- -------- -------- ---------       ---------   ----------  ------------   -------   --------  -----------------------

user    \geff        vol1     qtree1         0       1024        512          0           -         AD\geff

user      root      vol1        -              0         -            -             1            -

user  \Adminis   vol1        -         3596       -             -            7             -

I checked for this account

> cifs lookup adminis

lookup failed

Since domain was not there i tried with the storage name and administrator account

storage> cifs lookup storage\Administrator

SID = S-1-5-21-2104823214-874811194-1311268161-500

Let me know where i have done mistake.Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Fizeen

1 REPLY 1

ajay_behera

Hi,

what is the o/p of exportfs and rdfile /etc/exports.

Regards,

Ajay

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public