The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to reigister at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

ONTAP Discussions

ONTAP 9.2P1 - Not Enough Spare Disks Event after Drive Failure

Nick_Talbot

I lost a drive this morning and the newest event states:  "There are not enough spare disks".  Is there an event that shows the status of a spare being called in to take over for the failed drive?

Event

4/1/2018 08:48:00   node2      ERROR         monitor.globalStatus.nonCritical: Disk on adapter 0a, shelf 10, bay 15, failed.  There are not enough spare disks.

Actual Spare Disks

aus-cluster1::> aggr show-spare-disks

Original Owner: node1
Pool0
Root-Data1-Data2 Partitioned Spares
Local Local
Data Root Physical
Disk Type Class RPM Checksum Usable Usable Size Status
---------------- ------ ----------- ------ -------------- -------- -------- -------- --------
1.10.10 SSD solid-state - block 0B 53.88GB 3.49TB zeroed
1.10.11 SSD solid-state - block 0B 53.88GB 3.49TB zeroed

Original Owner: node2
Pool0
Root-Data1-Data2 Partitioned Spares
Local Local
Data Root Physical
Disk Type Class RPM Checksum Usable Usable Size Status
---------------- ------ ----------- ------ -------------- -------- -------- -------- --------
1.10.23 SSD solid-state - block 0B 53.88GB 3.49TB zeroed
3 entries were displayed.

2 REPLIES 2

Sahana

Hi,

Please refer KB https://kb.netapp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1074192/loc/en_US (requires login)

https://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/bol?Type=Detail&Display=191857

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

Nick_Talbot

The first link references arrays with only 8 drives, mine has 24 drives.  The second link references 250GB drives, my drives are 3T.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public