ONTAP Discussions

ONTAP Update

Sanjivala

Hello everyone,
I would like to know if it is possible to update ONTAP on one of the nodes via the command line in Maintenance Mode.

One of the cluster nodes is running version 9.10.1P11 and the other is running version 9.13.1P9 and I need both to be running the same version.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

TMACMD

My first question before answering:

what was the scenario that got you into this predicament?

Sanjivala

I was updating ONTAP, updating node 2, when I was updating node 1 it gave an error and the update did not finish, leaving the node with the old version while the other has the new version. I tried to downgrade the updated node but to no avail. When I rebooted both, the updated node went up normally but the other didn't go up and presented an error and stayed in the reboot loop.

TMACMD

It looks like the upgrade started. 
you may want to get to loader prompt and try

boot_backup

i suspect one of the images on the boot device is ok. Just need to get it boot off the correct one and the upgrade should finish. 

you should probably open a case to be safe

Sanjivala

Ok.

Thanks

liu

Due to the mismatch of the versions of the two nodes, after loader prompt and try, enter "boot_backup" on the node of the higher version to initiate the higher version using the backup image and ensure its normal startup. After the node commences, upgrade it once again.

Public