The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to reigister at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

ONTAP Discussions

Perfstat 8 on 7-mode 8.2.2 - nothing to see in LatX

Marek_Stopka

Hello,

I am troubleshooting some performance issues for a customer and we used Perfstat 8 for a data baseline

--verbose -t 60 -i 24,0 -n 10.195.245.47,10.195.245.48 -m 7-mode -s -z --exclude=SHELL=SYSTEMSHELL

however, when I upload this file into LatX, all the reports, disk utilization,... are empty... is there any trick how to get perfstat 8 from 7-mode system work in LatX?

Snímek obrazovky 2014-11-13 v 22.35.50.png

4 REPLIES 4

JGPSHNTAP

Unless i'm misspeaking, perfstat 8 is only for cDot.. 

aborzenkov

Unless i'm misspeaking, perfstat 8 is only for cDot.. 

perfstat8 (converged perfstat) supports 8.1 and 8.2 7-Mode. Actually, perfstat7 does not support 8.2 at all. So there must be something else. I would open case with LATX support to investigate (or try posting on netapp tools in private communities).

JGPSHNTAP

I was just looking at the netapp support tool and it does state that you can use perfstat 8 for 7-mode, but when you click it a box comes up saying that for 7-mode they recommend perfstat 7.. argh!

Marek_Stopka

Hi, on Data ONTAP 8.2 (we have 8.2.2 here) perfstat 8 should be used as it is noted in KB - https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=1012616

Note: The below instructions utilize Perfstat7, which is for Data ONTAP (7-Mode) prior to Data ONTAP 8.2. For Data ONTAP (7-Mode) 8.2+ or Clustered ONTAP. Please check the Related Links below for Converged Perfstat instructions.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public