ONTAP Discussions

Perfstat Replacement

TMADOCTHOMAS

The Perfstat download page (link below) indicates Perfstat is not supported in OnTAP 9.5 and above. Is there a replacement tool?

https://mysupport.netapp.com/site/tools/tool-eula/perfstat-cdot 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

parisi

Support uses performance archive ASUPs in place of perfstat. These get fed into a Grafana instance at NetApp for analysis.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

SpindleNinja

i wana say onboard counters/stats and AIQ?    I can't think of a tool for it right now.    

last time I had a support case they had me run things via the statistics commands. 

TMADOCTHOMAS

Okay thanks. I guess I'm surprised it's not got a clear replacement, but maybe the built-in tools are robust enough that a separate tool isn't needed anymore.

parisi

Support uses performance archive ASUPs in place of perfstat. These get fed into a Grafana instance at NetApp for analysis.

TMADOCTHOMAS

Thanks @parisi !

paul_stejskal

Perf archives are used for this as Justin mentioned. I am on the perf team and can confirm.

Is there a specific reason you wish to use perfstat?

TMADOCTHOMAS

@paul_stejskal , I was simply rebuilding our NetApp management server. Our previous one had lots of NetApp tools including perfstat. I was originally going to install the updated version on the new server but saw the note about it being discontinued, and wanted to see if there was a new one to install.

paul_stejskal

That makes sense.

parisi
Public