ONTAP Discussions

Perfstat Replacement

TMADOCTHOMAS

The Perfstat download page (link below) indicates Perfstat is not supported in OnTAP 9.5 and above. Is there a replacement tool?

https://mysupport.netapp.com/site/tools/tool-eula/perfstat-cdot 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

parisi

Support uses performance archive ASUPs in place of perfstat. These get fed into a Grafana instance at NetApp for analysis.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

SpindleNinja

i wana say onboard counters/stats and AIQ?    I can't think of a tool for it right now.    

last time I had a support case they had me run things via the statistics commands. 

TMADOCTHOMAS

Okay thanks. I guess I'm surprised it's not got a clear replacement, but maybe the built-in tools are robust enough that a separate tool isn't needed anymore.

parisi

Support uses performance archive ASUPs in place of perfstat. These get fed into a Grafana instance at NetApp for analysis.

View solution in original post

TMADOCTHOMAS

Thanks @parisi !

Perf archives are used for this as Justin mentioned. I am on the perf team and can confirm.

Is there a specific reason you wish to use perfstat?

@paul_stejskal , I was simply rebuilding our NetApp management server. Our previous one had lots of NetApp tools including perfstat. I was originally going to install the updated version on the new server but saw the note about it being discontinued, and wanted to see if there was a new one to install.

parisi

That makes sense.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public