ONTAP Discussions

Routing problems with Intercluster LIF

sraudonis

Hello,

in a small environment i have a 2 node system and a single node system in a remote office connected via vpn. I make daily snapmirror updates through that vpn.

I have now a problem:  How to make a every time working Intercluster configuration.

When the intercluster is in the same IP subnet as the management interfaces, i got problems, that sometimes services (like Autosupport) can use the intercluster IP as source and not the node management LIF. (Documented in the network management guide)

So i configured a own management network, with ONTAP 9.1 all was fine, but after a upgrade to 9.2 i can't reach the SSH and HTTP services on the management interfaces from clients in the same subnet as the Intercluster LIF.

Subnet A - NetApp Management interfaces

Subnet B - Intercluster and also some Clients

With enabled Intercluster in Subnet B i can ping the Management interfaces in Subnet A from Subnet B from a client, but can't use SSH or HTTP. When i disable the Intercluster i can connect via SSH or HTTP.

As a workaround i made now 3 subnets, a own subnet for Intercluster.

But can that be correct, that the management isn't useable when a Intercluster is present in the source network?

Kind regards

Stefan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sraudonis

The source of the problem is the removal of IP fastpath in 9.2:

https://kb.netapp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1072895

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

danthro

I'm having the same issue.  You ever find a fix for this?

sraudonis

The source of the problem is the removal of IP fastpath in 9.2:

https://kb.netapp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1072895

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public