ONTAP Discussions

Running Volume Efficiency Job / Viewing Info in 9.9.1

TMADOCTHOMAS

Hello,

I just upgraded most of our clusters to 9.9.1 and like most I am trying to figure out how to do basic things in the incomplete new GUI. Just now I tried to do something very basic that I've done hundreds of times under 9.7:

• Running a volume efficiency job
  • Viewing efficiency job information and statistics [i.e. when the job was last run, results, time finished, etc.]

This was extremely easy in 9.7 and going back a decade, but I can't figure out how to do it in the GUI in 9.9.1, if it's available. Had to use the command prompt which was a pain. Does anyone know if this feature is available and I'm just missing where it is? Or is it available in 9.10.1?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

paul_stejskal

I just checked my 9.10.1 vSIM and it doesn't have a screen to check dedupe status that I can tell. I would pass the feedback in a case or your account team so it gets logged officially as a RFE.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

hmoubara

Hello,

Unfortunately, the volume efficiency is only available in the classic GUI version, and is no longer available in the newer version of ONTAP.

Thanks

TMADOCTHOMAS

@hmoubara , thank you. Has it been restored in 9.10.1, or any plans to restore in 9.11.1? If not, please consider this an official "enhancement" request (in reality, restoration of previously existing functionality!)

paul_stejskal

I just checked my 9.10.1 vSIM and it doesn't have a screen to check dedupe status that I can tell. I would pass the feedback in a case or your account team so it gets logged officially as a RFE.

TMADOCTHOMAS

Okay thanks @paul_stejskal I will do that.

I have to say as an overall comment that the train wreck of this new 9.8+ OS is astonishing. I would certainly expect that by 2 versions later (9.10.1) that features that were REMOVED from 9.7 had been restored. Of course in reality I would have expected that they never had been removed in the first place. For the record, the NEW features in the OS are actually quite nice. I even find them useful. But the removal of CRITICAL features that were there for years at the same time completely dissolves any good feelings I have about the newer OS releases.

paul_stejskal
I understand Thomas!
Public