ONTAP Discussions

SVM-DR fail to reverse resync

JuanCarlosrl

I have a SVM-DR relationship between 2 cabins.
Once I activate the SVM-DR in destination, the SVM is activated correctly, the problem is when I want the SVM to return to the source storage.
What I do is click on the SVM-DR relationship that is broken and select Reverse resync so that it sends the information to the SVM that is in origin, but it shows me an error, the following:

Last transfer Error:

Failed to apply the source Vserver configuration. Reason: Apply failed for Object:sis Method:baseline, Reason:Failed to modify efficiency configuration for volume "x" of vserver "x": Compression cannot be disabled while an efficiency operation is in progress on the volume. Retry the command after stopping the efficiency operation on volume. Execute "snapmirror show -destination-vserver "x" -fields last-transfer-error,unhealthy reason -expand to check if the constituent volumes have encountered errors.

Last trasfer Type: Resync

No SVM-DR works for me, what can happen? At source I have the storage efficiency activated and when the SVM is at destination, I have not touched any storage efficiency option. Ontap version 9.7p6

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jcolonfzenpr

See bug 1134281:

https://mysupport.netapp.com/site/bugs-online/product/ONTAP/BURT/1134281

A Storage Virtual Machine (Vserver) disaster recovery transfer operations might fail when modifying volume efficiency operations.

Fixed in versions:

For minimum recommended release, please visit 9.6P129.7P109.7P119.8P1
Jonathan Colón | Blog | Linkedin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jcolonfzenpr

See bug 1134281:

https://mysupport.netapp.com/site/bugs-online/product/ONTAP/BURT/1134281

A Storage Virtual Machine (Vserver) disaster recovery transfer operations might fail when modifying volume efficiency operations.

Fixed in versions:

For minimum recommended release, please visit 9.6P129.7P109.7P119.8P1
Jonathan Colón | Blog | Linkedin

View solution in original post

paul_stejskal

SnapMirror now uses XDP, which is also called SnapVault. It's not the same as the 7-mode SnapVault, but one feature that was retained is dedupe scans run when a XDP relationship finishes.

You can do "sis status -op-status Active|Pending" and get a list of which volumes are running, then just do a sis stop on that.

The simplest way would probably be to copy/paste each line to notepad++, use ALT+SHIFT to highlight certain columns of text, then remove everything to the left of /vol/volumename and add in "sis stop". Or you can do "sis stop *" and keep hitting "y", then Enter.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public