ONTAP Discussions

Snapmirror reverse resync

KDEAN1961

Environment is 7-Mode 7.1.4

We are snapmirroring  from site A (source) ->B (target)  We would like to break replication on on an existing snapmirror job  and make site B the new source for a particular volume  and make site A the new target.  Can I modify the existing snapmirror job to make site A the new target without having to re-replicate all the data?

Thanks

Kathy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3

KDEAN1961

To summarize further I want to reverse the function of the source and destination wthout having to do a re-inialize.  I found an posting on NetApp KB that it can be done so just looking for the right commands...thanks

MOHIT_FUJITSU

First, make sure no transfer is in progress.

1. Hash out the /etc/snapmirror.conf entry for this SM relationship at the destination filer.

2. Break the SM at the destination end. (snapmirror break filerB:volB)

3. Resync the SM relationship from source filer (snapmirror resync -S filerB:volB filerA:volA)

4. Trigger SM update command (snapmirror update -S filerB:volB filerA:volA)

5. Check snapmirror status from original source. (output will be 2 SM relationship for that volume)

6. Release the older SM relationship from source (snapmirror release)

7. Create a new entry in /etc/snappmirror.conf file on the source filer (which is now a destination for this SM relationship).

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public