First, make sure no transfer is in progress.
1. Hash out the /etc/snapmirror.conf entry for this SM relationship at the destination filer.
2. Break the SM at the destination end. (snapmirror break filerB:volB)
3. Resync the SM relationship from source filer (snapmirror resync -S filerB:volB filerA:volA)
4. Trigger SM update command (snapmirror update -S filerB:volB filerA:volA)
5. Check snapmirror status from original source. (output will be 2 SM relationship for that volume)
6. Release the older SM relationship from source (snapmirror release)
7. Create a new entry in /etc/snappmirror.conf file on the source filer (which is now a destination for this SM relationship).