ONTAP Discussions

Scheduled backup jobs ar failing

mttshffr

Hi. Two weeks ago I rebuilt our NetApp FAS3270 8.1.4P9 7-mode.  The purpose was to remove disk shelves to be reused at DR.  By rebuilt I mean that I destroyed all aggrs, moved vol0 to a remaining aggr, removed disk shelves, reboots, and all looks good now.  This filer was then going to be reused for OSSV target, as it was previously.  I recreated volumes and shares (everyone full control).  I ran snapvault start -S "remote_win_server:D:folder" FILER:/vol/volume/qtree.  The initial job ran successully but hasn't run since.  Note that I have not done anything with the OSSV client on the remote Windows Servers.  I have a hundred or so of them that previously backed up to this filer but are not working now.  Below are the snapvault options.  I think they are right.  I don't have support on this filer anymore so I'm depending on Google and this Community.  Please let me know what you think.

CSRNETAPP03> options snapvault
snapvault.access             host=all
snapvault.enable             on
snapvault.lockvault_log_volume
snapvault.nbu.archival_snap_default on
snapvault.ossv.compression   off
snapvault.preservesnap       off
snapvault.snapshot_for_dr_backup vsm_base_only

1 REPLY 1

mttshffr

I also want to mention that in the snapvault log on the remote Windows servers the message is "Local TLog Backup is disabled. To re-enable, enter an interval between 5 and 55 and restart OSSV"

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public