ONTAP Discussions

Stop Snapmirror in OnTap 8.1 in 7 mode

KENTDANNEHL

I am running NetApp Release 8.1.3P1 7-Mode and I need to delete adn recreate a snapmirror relationship.

The reason is I the source volume has gotten 11 tB small er than it was it was 14 and is now 3 tB. I don't want to wait 2 weeks for this to happen

I ran snapmirror abort on the transfer and it worked but I cannot run snapmirror break. It says I must quiesce it first

I tried that but after 1.5 weeks it still has not finished.

I just want to stop the exising snapmirror releastionship? delete the volume on the destination server and then recreate the mirror.

Is there any way to to do that ?

Seems pretty simple but I cant find a way on 8.1

thx

kent dannehl

2 REPLIES 2

Sahana

Hi,

Please refer https://library.netapp.com/ecmdocs/ECMP1113990/html/GUID-DFEA2EE7-76CA-4A18-8846-CC9ED25817B8.html

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

KENTDANNEHL

This didn;t solve the problem. Not because it couldn't have. What happened was that after 10 days the relationship finally quesced whicl allowed me to break and delete it.

thanks for trying. I will try this next time. I am sure there will be one.

thanks

knet dannehl

ericsson mediaRoom

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public