ONTAP Discussions

Support for Fabricpool on Flashpool aggregate?

kennethostnes

Hi,

Does anyone know if or when there will be support for using Fabricpool on Flash pool Aggregates?

From ONTAP 9 Documentation:
FabricPool supports the following aggregate types:

• On AFF systems, you can use only all flash (all SSD) aggregates for FabricPool.

You cannot use Flash Pool aggregates (which contain both SSDs and HDDs).

• On FAS systems, you can use either all flash (all SSD) or HDD aggregates for FabricPool.
  • On Cloud Volumes ONTAP and ONTAP Select, you can use either SSD or HDD aggregates for FabricPool.

Best Regards,

Kenneth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ttran

Hello @kennethostnes ,

The support of Flash Pool with FabricPool idea has been discussed amongst Engineering but has been prioritized lower due to lack of demand. As of now, there is no eta, I recommend reaching out to your Account Team to express your interest.

Regards,

Team NetApp

Team NetApp

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TMACMD

I would suspect not for a while (if ever). It may have something to do with the way data is cached on the SSD (FlashPool) that may muck around with the algorithms as to how to decide what data to tier.

It's  a guess on my part.

ttran

Hello @kennethostnes ,

The support of Flash Pool with FabricPool idea has been discussed amongst Engineering but has been prioritized lower due to lack of demand. As of now, there is no eta, I recommend reaching out to your Account Team to express your interest.

Regards,

Team NetApp

Team NetApp

kennethostnes

Thank's for the replies.  Not what I have hoped.
I will consider to reach out to the Account Team on this.

Best regards

Kenneth

Public