ONTAP Discussions

Upgrade to 8.2.5 Renders /etc/issue Unusable

TMADOCTHOMAS

I have just upgraded all of our remaining 7-mode systems (mostly 2220s) to 8.2.5P1. I noticed afterwards that the /etc/issue files had all been erased (the file that provides a message at login). I successfully recreated them on one system, but they still don't appear at logon, unless I log on to the SP first and then enter "system console". Anyone else encounter this? Does anyone know if a bug has been submitted?

2 REPLIES 2

AlexDawson

Hi there,

I can confirm I see similar behavior in the simulator - /etc/issue would show in 8.2.3, but when upgraded to 8.2.5P1 it would not.. but in the case of the simulator, the /etc/issue and /etc/motd files are still there, but only displayed on the console, not via ssh. 

Best course of action is to open a support case, and it will probably end up a BURT. If the BURT produces major compliance issues, you may be able to escalate a patch on that basis, but you will need to be very clear on why it is a compliance issue, as this is a mostly cosmetic defect.

TMADOCTHOMAS

Yep, that makes sense @AlexDawson. Thank you for the tip! I will open a case.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public