The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to register at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

ONTAP Discussions

Users home directories and quotas

RANJBASSI

Hi All

Hoping if someone can assist with an issue I am having with migrating home shares to a CIFS share on our NetApp FAS8020 running Ontap 8.2.1 7 mode.

I have tested migrating home shares using Robocopy to ensure permissions are retained and the good news is this part works ok. I have enforced user quotas on the qtree I have created for Home directories however once the data moves over and I map the CIFS share to a client it doesnt seem to pick up the quota for the existing files already in the share, it does however add to the quota if I add any new files into it.

So I created a 100mb quota and migrated one of home directories over which was fine but the quota in Windows showed 100mb free of 100mb. Once I filled it up with 5 X 20mb files it then activated the quota and it was full.

Is it by design that the quota wont work for exisitng files migrated over? I am assuming this is because of the way the ownership of the way the robocopy job is run?

ANy advice on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

f_defrocourt

Hi RANJBASSI,

You have pointed the right solution. In robocopy job, there is a parameters who keep the owner of the files transfert by the robocopy job.

So you have to redo your robocopy job with the "/COPYALL" parameter.

Hope i was help.

François

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

f_defrocourt

Hi RANJBASSI,

You have pointed the right solution. In robocopy job, there is a parameters who keep the owner of the files transfert by the robocopy job.

So you have to redo your robocopy job with the "/COPYALL" parameter.

Hope i was help.

François

View solution in original post

RANJBASSI

Thank you, that was the answer. It was a switch that needed to be used to copy Ownership details.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public