ONTAP Discussions

Volume Inconsistent

jfrvalero

Hi,

A couple days ago a volume into an aggregate reach the threshold and due this (I think) the volume became offline. I tried to put the volume online but i get this message "Volume 'svault_HYPREV_Vol5' is inconsistent and may not be brought online. Please contact NetApp Global Support.", also I tried to "resize" the volume to give more space but because the volume is offline doesn't work.

So, here is my cuestion. How could/should put the volume online again?

**************************       Here I paste the output of a couple of commands that maybe could help       **************************

Captura_netapp_1.png

******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Captura_netapp_2.png

3 REPLIES 3

colsen

Hello,

We encountered this in a cDOT 8.2 system about a year ago.  Anyway, after working with technical support, it came down to needing to perform a wafliron/wafl_check in order to get the volume back online.  That said, we had an up-to-date snapmirror of the volume, so we  chose instead to just recover the data by mirroring the data back to the aggregate and we deleted the offline/corrupt volume.

This may or may not be the same prognosis/situation for you, so definitely contact tech support to make sure you don't undertake some course of action that will either further put your data at risk and/or keep you down for longer than necessary.  I can say that from past experience that a wafliron is a pretty painful/time-consuming process, so for us just restoring the data was a no-brainer.  

Good luck,

Chris

jfrvalero

Hi,

That's gonna be a nightmare... We don't have the snapmirror option activated so...

Anyway, thank you very much for your help.

Cheers.

Jeff_Yao

better open a case for it

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

Public