api document

tourist

Where can I find the document of the   iscsi-interface-get-iter   api

15 REPLIES 15

tourist

iscsi-interface-list-entry-info     this may be more accurate

Ontapforrum

Please see this doc:
https://docs.netapp.com/us-en/ontap-restmap-9121/iscsi.html#iscsi-auth-add-initiator-address-ranges

iscsi-interface-get-iter
REST api = GET /api/network/ip/interfaces

Cannot see this API - "iscsi-interface-list-entry-info", closest I see is - "iscsi-interface-accesslist-get-iter" (but, this ONTAPI call does not have an equivalent REST API call.)

tourist

thank you very much

tourist

volume_clone_get_iter , This api can't be found also , Is the api different due to different versions

Ontapforrum

I think it is dash, not underscore.

volume-clone-get-iter
GET /api/storage/volumes?clone.is_flexclone=true
Usage: This ONTAPI call can be issued against Storage VM (SVM) management LIFs.

https://docs.netapp.com/us-en/ontap-restmap-9121/volume.html#volume-clone-get

tourist

I have a svm named svm0 , it has 2 iSCSI LIFs , As follows :

tourist_3-1669968674977.png

and a volume test is bound to svm0 , How to know which LIF is used by the test volume in the actual data transmission process ? Which API should be called to obtain the corresponding LIF IP

tourist_4-1669968910128.png

tourist
Thank you in advance

Ontapforrum

CLI:
This command gives real-time status of connection activity.
::> vserver iscsi connection show -vserver <vserver>

https://docs.netapp.com/us-en/ontap-cli-98/vserver-iscsi-connection-show.html#parameters

ONTAPI:
iscsi-connection-get-iter

REST: You can try this REST API:
GET /api/protocols/san/iscsi/sessions

tourist

thanks again

tourist

This api exists. Why does it prompt that it unable to find API

tourist_9-1670218626996.png
tourist_2-1670213993616.png

tourist

Is that the reason?

tourist_1-1670289402832.png

Ontapforrum

Yes, that could be. Which ONTAP version you have ?

Looks like - ONTAP 9.8/9.9/9.10 ONTAPI to REST API mapping do not have equivalent REST API call for this.
aggr-status-get-iter
This ONTAPI call does not have an equivalent REST API call.

However, ONTAP 9.11 & 9.12, I do see equivalent REST API call:
aggr-status-get-iter
GET /api/storage/aggregates/{aggregate.uuid}/plexes

aggr (netapp.com)

tourist

I have a problem and need your help,I don't know how to make it clear. It may make people feel confused. To put it simply, can I get the LIF of iscsi through the volume name? 

This process can be very complex , For example, maybe need to call many apis, including volume, vserver, aggregate, iscsi, and net-interfaceiscsi-connection-get-iter, This api requires login ,  If do not log in, can I get it ?

Ontapforrum

I think the initial query about 'where can I find the api document' is getting branched out to more queries, I think it would be better if you could create another thread with specific query such as - Can I get the LIF of iscsi through the volume name? 

I am not sure if you could get this information without logging in and doing some sort of querying/scripting. However, what I like about iSCSI is that, with this protocol you have more control over which Target LIF will be used to connect to which LUN(Volume) with the help of 'portset' as igroup can only bind to one portset. For example- If I have volume name 'vol_mongodb_isci' and has a lun 'lun_vol_mongodb_isci', I can simply create a portset 'ps_lun_vol_mongodb_lif1' and this can be added to the igroup. Finally, you attach the igroup-->LUN. I guess Just by looking at the portset or 'igroup show' you can know which portset_volumes are attached to which LIF. Also, how you name each object also helps. Anyway, I think you probably wanting to know how to look up this information in the already setup environment. Short answer- Try posting this as a separate query, someone will have an answer to this.

tourist

thanks

Public