ONTAP Discussions

download a copy of the Ontap firmware running on FAS2050

dan123

Hi,

How can i download a copy of the Ontap firmware running on FAS2050 in order to reinstall the system after a reset to factory default?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

vims

Hi 

there is a download section on support.netapp.com web site. 

You should have an account in order to get access to this secure area. And it depends on your account type as well. E.g. guest account, end customer etc.... 

Hope it helps 

hariprak

Hi,

To access the latest versions of firmware and updates follow below links,

http://mysupport.netapp.com/eservice/Firmware.jsp

http://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/fw?platform=FAS2050

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

dan123

I think i didn't explain well my needs.

I would like to backup the firmware that is currently running on my FAS2050 for reinstall after a reset to factory default.

Is this possible? If yes can anyone help me with this?

Thank you

JGPSHNTAP

Why a 2050.. super old.. nothing from the 8.x code is supported on that

vims

hi

you can backup certain folders with current firmware

- \\filer_name\c$\etc\disk_fw -> for disk firmware 

- \\filer_name\c$\etc\RLM_fw -> for RLM firmware

- \\filer_name\c$\etc\shelf_fw -> for shelf firmware

- \\filer_name\c$\etc\software ->  for current software installed on filer

do not remember location for system board firmware on 2050, was a long time ago, could be the software folder. 

PS - CIFS should be running in order to get access to these folders

and another thing is - i am pretty sure firmware will be not downgraded within factory reset process. What you will get is freshly installed DataONATP with zeroed drives. 

cheers  

dan123

I knew that after a reset to factory default you need to re-install DataONTAP and all the licenses.

Thanks

ariyanto

license account I can't download please help33.png

GidonMarcus

@ariyanto

You likely see this as you don't have active NetApp contract assigned  to your user. you will need to provide NetApp via the feedback from a serialnumber of an in-contract device to be able to access downloads.

please note that software for product at their end of extended support are not available to download at all.

Gidi

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK
Public