ONTAP Discussions

iSCSI network configuration

hampe

hampe_0-1619111606243.png

To have this configuration, do I need to configure  e0a and e0b as a multi network interface group ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mjizzini

My guess will be that you are having 2 network switches connecting to the nodes.

2 ports LACP ifgrp will provide redundancy and higher bandwidth. I recommend creating an ifgrp LACP from both ports ( e0a and e0b ). Each port will connect to a different switch. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TMACMD

The answer is yes or no.

YES:

You certainly could create an interface group in that scenario. You would still want create two data LIFs on the ifgrp. On the NetApp you would get load balancing along with MPIO for failover

NO:

You would just create a data LIF on each port and call it day. MPIO would send data to both LIFs.

In either case, I would en up with 4 paths to my LUNs (two active/optimized and two active/unoptimized)

Mjizzini

My guess will be that you are having 2 network switches connecting to the nodes.

2 ports LACP ifgrp will provide redundancy and higher bandwidth. I recommend creating an ifgrp LACP from both ports ( e0a and e0b ). Each port will connect to a different switch. 

hampe

Thanks a lot for your help. Will try it with 2 Switches and ifgrp, maybe I will also try to configure the switch for LCAP, never did this before 😎

Public