ONTAP Discussions

issue with permissions on CIFS share to Windows and Linux

davidlan

Hello,

I have a NetApp Storage in Cluster with Ontap 8.3.

I'm having permissioning issues on some folders of a mixed volume.
When accessed via NFS on a Linux, the system denies permission to access multiple directories.

When accessed via CIFS by Windows, the system denies permission to access these same directories to users who have read and write permission.

But if I access with a domain admin user, it allows access.

I tried to look in the documentation for some command that I could execute by ssh shell, but I did not find any commands to rebuild the permissions on this volume. What can I do to solve it? Anyone have an idea?

Thank you for any help.

thu mua iphone giá caothu mua macbook pro
Tuấn Nguyễn Mobile thu mua từ iphone cho đến Macbook các dòng Macbook Air, Macbook Pro, iMac giá cao tận nơi tại TPHCM… Chúng tôi cam kết rằng bạn luôn nhận được mức tiền cao nhất cho chiếc iPad iPhone Macbook đã qua sử dụng của bạn. Với nhiều năm kinh nghiệm trong ngành, chúng tôi tự hào là chuyên gia về thu mua macbook một các chuyên nghiệp nhanh gọn, tận nơi tại TPHCM
2 REPLIES 2

cedric_datawan

Hello,

I think the best way to apply rights is from client side, with superuser, like CIFS Domain admin

After I thnik your problems come from the Mxed volume, if you access RW from Unix and Windows , the best way is to have the two authentification entiies registred in Ontap and map the account to be able the twice acces from the tow world

And chose a VOL format, like NTFS, with cifs share and Unix Export on it,if it's possible

Mixed volume is do for realy spécifics usage

parisi

You don't rebuild permissions from the CLI, generally. You do that from the clients.

Have a look at this TR to understand how security styles work and if you're using mixed security style, don't.

https://www.netapp.com/pdf.html?item=/media/27436-tr-4887.pdf

If you need to change perms from the CLI, this blog covers that:

https://whyistheinternetbroken.wordpress.com/2017/02/01/managing-acls-ontap-cli/

Public