ONTAP Hardware

Anyone knows how to map a luns from netapp to solaris host?

VGENTNER01

Hello to everybody this is the case!

I made two luns on a NetApp 3020 and want to map it to a solaris 8 host, anyone knows the procedure for viewing on the server with solaris 8. Both belong to the same igroup and where host initiator is .

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

baijulal

You can install  NetApp host Untility Kit (HUK, downloadable from NOW site) for solaris.

On Solaris 10, you can use cfgadm to scan/discover new LUNs, please refer to man pages.

Once the LUN is being detected by OS, sanlun commands (from HUK)from the host utilities can be used to query/display NetApp LUN information.

Eg #sanlun lun show -p

VGENTNER01

thanks for your answer but what I need is for solaris 8, I'm trying to look for huk for solaris 8 if I do ill give you the correct answer

sinhaa

The command cfgadm works on Solaris 8 as well, only the format is little different. Can you try the following:

cfgadm -al -o show_FCP_dev

Host Utilities Kit ( also called Host Utilities) for Solaris will work on Solaris 8 just as good as on Solaris 10. I didn't see any Solaris version in the setup requirements section. So I assume it should work with all versions.

download it from here:

http://now.netapp.com/NOW/download/software/sanhost_sol/Solaris/

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

sinhaa

A good website for this is http://www.idevelopment.info/data/Unix/Solaris/SOLARIS_ConnectingToAniSCSITargetWithOpen-iSCSIInitiatorUsingSolaris.shtml .

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

VGENTNER01

Thanks for that guide but im looking for FCP not ISCSI, if you have a guide like that one for FCP i will appreciate if you send it to me. thanks!

eric_barlier

Hi,

Can you please describe the problem you are having? Also make sure your igroup is of SOLARIS.

Eric

GHALIEDWILLIAMS

Well for Solaris 8, adding storage can be a hit and miss affair. I would try (please check parameters for the commands before running them):

1. cfgadm

2. Update sd.conf and run update_drv

3. luxadm

4. Reconfiguration reboot

I used to insist on downtime and doing reconfiguration reboot because that was the only sure thing.

Public